Thursday, July 22, 2010

SURELY I AM WITH YOU ALWAYS

The Shock

I left home today to begin the season ahead in Uganda. The "shock" of leaving Toronto wasn't really hitting me the past few weeks... even the morning of my departure! But as I arrived at the airport I began to realize just how much I will miss my friends and family. This is not just a simple "trip" as at times it has been in the past. This is my life now.
As I arrived at the Pearson Airport with my sister and my niece, reality began to kick in. As friends came around me to pray for me and say their goodbyes I realized just how much I will miss them. Don't misunderstand me - I am VERY excited for whats ahead in Uganda. I can't wait to see all that God is going to do! But I will be missing a lot of dear friends and family... I hope that I will not comeback to them a stranger nor they become strangers to me.

To Know Him...

I will be living in a completely different culture for these upcoming months and I can only hope that through this blog I will be able to clearly describe the amazing things that God is doing in Uganda. While I know He is going to do (and is already doing!) great things in Uganda, I also want Him to do greater things in me. I long to know Him more and more. This must be a main focus - to KNOW Him. One of my fears of heading to Uganda is that I would become consumed by miracles, salvation and wild moments with God and forget just how much more I have to learn about Him myself. To know Him is my greatest reward! I don't want this ministry to be about what I can do through Him. This must be ALL about Him!
I was reminded today about Moses and his encounters with the Lord. I love his honest heart, and desire to know God. Exodus 33:13 "If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people." Moses put it all on God. He knows that in order to keep going - in order to lead Israel, he must know the Lord and His ways.

He Must Be With Me...

My desire is as Moses cried out in Exodus, to know Him and to have His presence with me. I NEED His presence... more than anything else. If He is not with me I cannot and do not want to move.
As I walked through the security at Pearson and on to my gate I went straight to the washrooms and into the bathroom stall and sobbed. I felt so alone. As I was sobbing I heard Him. He gently spoke to me and said, "Surely I am with you always... surely I am with you." This comes from Matthew 28:19-20 "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Surely, my God is with me always...

No comments:

Post a Comment